Sunday, September 4, 2011

Week 1


Well, it’s been three days and overall I love it. It is such an adventure. There are definitely difficult adjustments but I have never felt so sure that I am exactly where I am supposed to be.

Here are my top ten favorite things right now:

1) The man at immigration stamped my visa and laughed when he saw my name. Oh yeah.
2) Two of our three bathrooms are clogged
3) Apparently my roommate and I are identical- at least five people have asked us if we are twins/sisters/related.
4) I floated in the Dead Sea after covering myself with special mud for 3JD
5) I took a picture with a boy named Jordan in the Jordan River, in Jordan
6) This morning I woke up to the call to prayer
7) Shwarma
8) Crossing the street is like one big game of frogger
9) We almost blew up our washing machine last night
10) Cold, short showers

So it has been a bit chaotic and overwhelming, but I love it. I will also never take drinkable tap water, an abundant water supply, functioning plumbing, internet access, or the amount of money in my bank account for granted ever again. We truly have so much in the United States to be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment