As much as I love it here, I do miss home occasionally. Home really is where the heart is. It is so interesting how we love the familiar, what we know. It is also interesting to learn about what you don't know. Things are very different here, the people, food, customs, and traditions. It's great. But I also have been making a mental list of things I miss. Ya know, to help me get through two hours of reading newspapers in Arabic every day.
Things I am missing right now:
1)Family
2)Friends
3)Massages
4)Skinny jeans
5)Granola
6)Drinkable tap water
7)Running
8)Mountains
9)US currency
10)Home
I can promise you that the majority of my time is not spent missing these things, but occasionally I like to daydream. On a lighter note this past weekend I had the opportunity to volunteer with "Volunteers for Jordan" which is a group of Jordanian youth who volunteer with various organizations each week. This past Saturday I went with some buddies from my program, along with all of the Jordanian volunteers, to an elderly home. We went around to the rooms, visited the residents, took them cookies and juice, and just talked to them. It was a blast. One kooky man even asked me to marry him! But I kindly declined since he was a little to old for me... It's good to know I have options though.
Once again, every day is such an adventure here, but there are some hot commodities I sometimes miss.
Things I am missing right now:
1)Family
2)Friends
3)Massages
4)Skinny jeans
5)Granola
6)Drinkable tap water
7)Running
8)Mountains
9)US currency
10)Home
I can promise you that the majority of my time is not spent missing these things, but occasionally I like to daydream. On a lighter note this past weekend I had the opportunity to volunteer with "Volunteers for Jordan" which is a group of Jordanian youth who volunteer with various organizations each week. This past Saturday I went with some buddies from my program, along with all of the Jordanian volunteers, to an elderly home. We went around to the rooms, visited the residents, took them cookies and juice, and just talked to them. It was a blast. One kooky man even asked me to marry him! But I kindly declined since he was a little to old for me... It's good to know I have options though.
Once again, every day is such an adventure here, but there are some hot commodities I sometimes miss.
Tell the old man sorry but you're going to marry my brother when you're thirty.
ReplyDeleteI just came across your comment and it totally made me laugh in light of our conversation last night. OPTION B?
ReplyDelete