Friday, June 13, 2014

Jack

"A brother is a friend given by Nature."
| Jean Baptiste Legouve |

When you first came into the world, I felt only jealousy.


But much faster than I could audibly say "take him back, God, I don't think we'll be needing this one,"

I found, in you, my first best friend.


Although vastly different (you were usually punching holes into walls while I cried over an inability to draw perfect circles), we were bosom buddies


Your head was huge, you wore plaid.

I sported bangs and overalls.

Together, we were unstoppable.


To my brother, Jack:

You may now define yourself as a "high school grad", but never forget your first roles in this life:

My protector
My advocate
 My brother.

1 comment:

  1. I love you two! I will always remember Jack as the little boy who ran around butt naked asking Tawnya to marry him.

    ReplyDelete